Wednesday 30 October 2013

All new F3F Merlin from Ian Mason

A while back I was asked if I would build and test fly the new Merlin designed by Ian Mason. The first models turned up at T9HobbySport a couple of weeks ago and I received mine a few days later.

The market has many different types of models available for F3F / Slope, generally they come with a high price tag. Unbelievably you can purchase this model for less than £600 and the quality is excellent, see the pictures below for yourself.

The model being more aimed at entry to intermediate level, I was very interested to see how this models performed. It is always very positive to encourage new pilots into slope soaring or F3F and this model will definitely be a massive step in the right direction.

The previous model form Ian the Willow proved to be exceptionally popular with all levels of pilots, many being owned by very experienced pilots.

I will be starting the build in the next couple of weeks and I will provide as much information around the build but more importantly how well it flies.

I will be building the model using MKS 6125’s on the flaps, MKS 6125 minis on the ailerons and 6125e’s the fuz.



No comments:

Post a Comment